Pine Crest Welcomes “New” Administrators

Mr. Walters (pictured above) is set to become the new Head of Upper School at PC. (Source: Ms. Dardet)

adviser

[ot-caption title=”Mr. Walters (pictured above) is set to become the new Head of Upper School at PC. (Source: Ms. Dardet)” url=”http://pctypeone.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/adminarticle-e1395176098544.jpg”]

The search for a new Head of Upper School at PC was an extensive and laborious process.  Pine Crest yearned to fill the position with a creative and dynamic leader, possessing the ability to efficaciously communicate with the prestigious Pine Crest community. Nearly two hundred candidates were considered for the position, but in the end, the PC administration decided that it would be best to choose a faculty member already well acquainted to Pine Crest’s unique learning environment.

Several weeks ago, Dr. Dana Markham, President of Pine Crest, enthusiastically announced that Mr. Joseph Walters would be the new Head of Upper School.  Unlike other prospective candidates, Mr. Walters is a PC alumnus (Class of 1995).  After attending the University of North Carolina, Mr. Walters began teaching at the middle school level.   Seven years into his teaching career, Mr. Walters returned to his roots at PC, leading a very fascinating, middle school English class.  Three years later, Mr. Walters was named the Assistant Head of Middle School at the Fort Lauderdale campus.  Shortly after, he was promoted to serve as the Head of the Middle School.  Now, as Upper School Head, Mr. Walters will be pleased to guide and lead his former students from the middle school in a similar role.

Mr. Walters reflected on his new position, saying, “For the 2014-15 school year, I will serve as the Head of Upper School.  I am so excited to continue the great tradition of helping the bright and talented students of Pine Crest and encouraging them to reach their goals, both in and out of the classroom.”

Dr. Markham also announced other new positions of the remodeled administration. Current Chemistry Honors teacher, Mr. Glen Pierson, will be the new Assistant Head of the Upper School.  In addition, current guidance counselor and Pine Crest graduate, Mrs. Promnitz (Class of 1997), will also serve as Assistant Head of Upper School and as the Dean of Student Services. Furthermore, Mrs. Doolittle will serve a new role as Dean of Student Life. This new administration is comprised of familiar faces, enabling the students to feel comfortable when approaching the team with novel ideas or dilemmas.

In an interview with Mr. Pierson, he said , “I would like to see students think more about what they are doing before carrying out their actions.  A big part of the maturation process for secondary school students involves learning how to make good and appropriate decisions.  I look forward to being a part of this process.  Additionally, we have so much talent on campus and resources to tap in to. I would like to see all the members of our community find a way to improve our school.  Essentially, my plan is to help students see the intrinsic value of making good choices and decisions.  If I am successful, students will reflect on their high school experience as the BEST time of their life.”

Although, we are sad to see the existing administration leave, we are excited to welcome the new administrative staff for the 2014-2015 school year!

• Pine Crest Welcomes “New” Administrators

News

Protests and Political Instability Continue in Venezuela

News

Trump’s Foreign Policy Evolving in North Korea, Syria, and Afghanistan

News

Turkey’s Referendum Rocks European Politics

News

PC Government Seminar Impacting Local Communities Through Civic Engagement

News

PC Students Look Forward to March of the Living Trip

National

AHCA pulled from the House in Dramatic Capitol Hill Twist

News

TEDx at PC: Ideas Worth Spreading

National

A Politics Update: What’s Going on in Congress and in the White House

News

Richard Guerry Takes the Stage

News

Syria in Crisis