What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

[ot-caption title=”The title logo for Netflix’s newest Marvel Exclusive. (via, Marvel Studios/Wikimedia)”]

Following in the steps of Fuller House, Netflix has continued to release streaming exclusives. On top of sitcom exclusives, Netflix has a lineup of Marvel Superhero TV shows they plan on releasing. Netflix is setting up their own cinematic universe, full of superheroes. Released on March 16th, 2016, Netflix premiered the second season of Daredevil. Met with much appraise, Daredevil should be the next TV show in your Netflix queue.

Daredevil follows the Marvel Superhero, Daredevil, also known as Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox). Daredevil is a blind superhero who tries to fight crime and watches over the city of Hell’s Kitchen, while balancing his daily life as a lawyer. Continuing from the cliffhanger of the first season, season two of Daredevil lifts off quickly, with more intense action sequences than the first season. Conflicts arrive immediately, with little time to be welcomed back into the show. New characters are introduced, such as comic book favorites Elektra (Elodie Yung) and The Punisher (Jon Bernthal). Other key characters from the first season return, and have great cameos. Often in the show, their wonderful performances overshadow Daredevil, making you wonder why each one of these characters do not have their own spin off show yet.

Much of the conflicts that arose in season one are dealt with in the second season. New friendships are formed, while others fall apart. Most of the season is split between Matt Murdock and his alter ego. Matt must fight an inner struggle, having to choose what is more important: Daredevil or Matt Murdock. He feels as if he is responsible for watching over his city, but he also struggles to maintain all of his current relationships. Netflix makes Daredevil take a much more serious tone about the life of a superhero than the Marvel movies that are released in theaters. The fight sequences are more realistic and gruesome, with Daredevil not always winning every one.

Daredevil shows the amazing potential that streaming exclusives can have. It is not held back by any network regulations and can do exactly what it pleases. Daredevil alone is a great reason to pay the monthly fee of Netflix, and it will only get better with the future lineup of shows that Netflix plans to release. The Netflix Marvel cinematic universe is expanding, and it looks great so far.

Sources: (IMDb)

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Pixar Has New Films Lined Up

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

BBC Music Reveals “Sound of 2018” Longlist

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

BLOGS

Wonder is Wonderful

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

BLOGS

Justice League is a Complete and Total Mess

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

NEHS Takes Miami

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Netflix Removes Many Hit Programs

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Disney Makes LGBTQ History

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

“House of Cards” Crumbles

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Netflix Releases “Stranger Things 2”

• What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Pine Crest Upper School Presents the Musical, “Kiss Me, Kate”

What to Stream: Daredevil Season 2