Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Ashlyn Jones

[ot-caption title=”Republic Bike, a company created by Avery Pack, was featured in a Sun Sentinel article highlighting the fact that several large companies were purchasing Pack’s bicycles. (via Sun Sentinel)”]

After receiving a Fine Arts degree from Columbia University, Avery Pack, a member of Pine Crest’s 1996 graduating class, used his passion for art to design bicycles. Pack was able to turn his bicycle designing project into a career and build a massively successful company named Republic Bike. [spacer height=”20px”]

Created in 2008, Republic Bike allows people to customize their bicycles by selecting their preferred color, shape, pattern, etc. Customers also have the ability to add accessories to their bikes. In an interview with the Sun Sentinel, Pack says his company’s goal behind selling customizable bikes is “accessible aesthetic experience, something that feels right for them.” People are able to express themselves through these bikes.[spacer height=”20px”]

The success and widespread popularity of Pack’s company led larger companies to turn to Republic Bike to purchase customized bicycles. Even though “his company ‘is very much under the radar,'” top companies such as Google, Nike, and Ritz Carlton started reaching out to him with a desire to buy bikes with their logos or company colors on them.[spacer height=”20px”]

Now one of Republic Bike’s major clients, Google came to Pack in hopes of creating bikes with their signature colors incorporated into parts of the bikes. These bikes, given the name “GBikes,” now populate the streets and sidewalks within Google’s headquarters in California and are used by almost all of the Google employees. These customized bikes are a great source of advertisement and uniformity for these companies. On top of selling a thousand of these GBikes to Google, Republic Bike does business with many other companies, both large and small. Basically, they work with anybody who has a desire to put their own personal flair on a bike.[spacer height=”20px”]

Pack’s company has made the designing process even easier by making it possible for customers to log on to his website and customize their bicycles online. In an interview with OceanDrive, when asked about the bicycles, Pack says, “As an individual, you have that connection because it’s unique to you and you participated in its creation.”[spacer height=”20px”]

Sources: Sun Sentinel

OceanDrive Photo Source: Sun Sentinel

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

Lauren Pastrana: CBS 4 Co-Anchor and PC Alum

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

Evan Ari Kelman: New York City Filmmaker

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

PC Alum Mirella Cardoso Featured in Charlie Puth Music Video, Film Career Launches

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Student Spotlight

Izzy Ercan: PC Alum and Musician

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

Kevin Boothe: Former PC Student, NFL Player, and Super Bowl Champion

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Beyond PC

Waite On It: Recounting Ed Waite’s Collegiate Career

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

Katie Bodner, Hertz Foundation Fellowship Award Winner

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

PC Alum Tsianos’s Ice Water Fire Project

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Sports

Alumni Spotlight: Ed Waite’s Return to the Sideline

• Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

News

Protests and Political Instability Continue in Venezuela

Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike