Filed under HEALTH, LIFESTYLE

3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

[ot-caption title=”Oatmeal is a great natural skincare ingredient, since it soothes dry and irritated skin and can be found at all supermarkets. (via Camila Piza, sophomore)”]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]There are many skincare options available at both low-end and high-end price points, but sometimes the best option is making your own. Here are some face masks you can make at home with effective, natural ingredients such as avocado, oatmeal, honey, and coconut oil.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Avocado Honey Face Mask: This face mask is meant for people who have normal to dry skin, and incorporates natural moisturizers, such as avocado and honey. To make the mask, take one ripe avocado and mash it up in a bowl. Then, add one tablespoon of honey and stir the mixture until the honey is evenly distributed. Apply the mixture to your face for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. After using the mask, your skin should feel more hydrated and less irritated by dryness.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]
  2. Oatmeal Yogurt Face Mask:  This face mask is meant to be used to soothe irritated skin, whether it be from a sunburn or dry patches. To make the mask, take one tablespoon of ground oats, one teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of yogurt, and mix all of the ingredients until they form a paste. Apply the paste onto your face, and wait 10-15 minutes before removing with warm water. After using the mask, your skin should feel softer and less irritated.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]
  3. Coconut Lemon Face Mask: This face mask is meant for people who have oily or acne prone skin. To make the mask, mix one tablespoon of coconut oil, two teaspoons of raw honey, and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. If you feel that you need a stronger mask to clear blemishes, you can add three or four drops of tea tree oil, which is a natural acne drying ingredient. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, your face should feel less oily, and your skill should start to clear up within a day or two.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Whether you want to wind down during a school night, or make them with your friends, these face masks are easy and can be made from ingredients found in your pantry.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Sources: Bellatory.com, Wikihow.com, Naturalbeautytips.co

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

An Interview and Tips for Success with Alberto Perlman, Co-Founder of Zumba Fitness

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Don’t Let Flu Season Get You Down

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

NEWS

Government & Politics Students Take On We the People

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

SPORTS

Girls Cross Country Crowned As Back to Back State Champions

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

BEYOND PC

Sunshine State Football Turned Upside Down in 2017

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

SPORTS

Girls’ Basketball Playing Fierce

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

LIFESTYLE

DIY Holiday Gifts

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

NEWS

Mosque Massacre in Sinai Peninsula

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT

Pixar Has New Films Lined Up

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

BLOGS

Nikki on Net Neutrality: What You Need to Know Now

3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks