Filed under HEALTH, LIFESTYLE

3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

Oatmeal+is+a+great+natural+skincare+ingredient%2C+since+it+soothes+dry+and+irritated+skin+and+can+be+found+at+all+supermarkets.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

Oatmeal is a great natural skincare ingredient, since it soothes dry and irritated skin and can be found at all supermarkets.

Camila Piza, sophomore

Camila Piza, sophomore

Camila Piza, sophomore

There are many skincare options available at both low-end and high-end price points, but sometimes the best option is making your own. Here are some face masks you can make at home with effective, natural ingredients such as avocado, oatmeal, honey, and coconut oil.

1. Avocado Honey Face Mask: This face mask is meant for people who have normal to dry skin, and incorporates natural moisturizers, such as avocado and honey. To make the mask, take one ripe avocado and mash it up in a bowl. Then, add one tablespoon of honey and stir the mixture until the honey is evenly distributed. Apply the mixture to your face for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. After using the mask, your skin should feel more hydrated and less irritated by dryness.
  2. Oatmeal Yogurt Face Mask:  This face mask is meant to be used to soothe irritated skin, whether it be from a sunburn or dry patches. To make the mask, take one tablespoon of ground oats, one teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of yogurt, and mix all of the ingredients until they form a paste. Apply the paste onto your face, and wait 10-15 minutes before removing with warm water. After using the mask, your skin should feel softer and less irritated.
  3. Coconut Lemon Face Mask: This face mask is meant for people who have oily or acne prone skin. To make the mask, mix one tablespoon of coconut oil, two teaspoons of raw honey, and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. If you feel that you need a stronger mask to clear blemishes, you can add three or four drops of tea tree oil, which is a natural acne drying ingredient. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, apply the mask to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, your face should feel less oily, and your skill should start to clear up within a day or two.

Whether you want to wind down during a school night, or make them with your friends, these face masks are easy and can be made from ingredients found in your pantry.

Sources: Bellatory.com, Wikihow.com, Naturalbeautytips.co

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Romaine Calm: An Update on the Romaine Lettuce Recall

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

FOOD

The Rise of the Edible Cookie Dough Trend

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Can Cell Phones Be Harmful to Your Health?

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Prom: How to Lose Weight Without Losing Your Appetite

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Five Simple Ways to De-Stress Before Final Exams

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Say Namaste! How to Improve Your Physical and Mental Health

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Flu Season Goes from Bad to Worse

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

An Interview and Tips for Success with Alberto Perlman, Co-Founder of Zumba Fitness

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

HEALTH

Don’t Let Flu Season Get You Down

• 3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks

NATIONAL

School Jewish Community Reflects on Tree of Life Shooting

3 DIY, All-Natural Face Masks