PC Alum Mirella Cardoso Featured in Charlie Puth Music Video, Film Career Launches

Ashlyn Jones

[ot-caption title=”Mirella Cardoso is a director, photographer, and cinematographer. (via, Mirella Cardoso)”]

I interviewed Mirella Cardoso, graduate of PC’s class of 2014, back in November to discover that her passion for film has only flourished since her time at Pine Crest. She developed her passion for directing and cinematography at a very young age. She shares, “I became interested in filmmaking back when I first discovered that my mom owned a MiniDV camera. I was probably around 8 or so. When I was about 10 years old, my mom gave me my own camera. I still have the camera, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. It still has a build-a-bear sticker on it.” She took this passion of hers and ran with it. [spacer height=”20px”]

Mirella Cardoso was featured in one of Charlie Puth’s music videos. (via, Mirella Cardoso)

Because of Mirella’s talent and hard work, she was recently given the opportunity to be the actress in the music video, “We Don’t Talk Anymore” by Charlie Puth. When asked about the experience she said, “Being in ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ was the first time I professionally acted in front of a camera. It was a great learning experience for me considering I’m usually behind the camera.” She then added, “To be honest, it didn’t feel like work. I think it was probably because I was having too much fun. The cast and crew were all so kind and I’m grateful to have been surrounded by so much talent.”[spacer height=”20px”]

[su_youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AtDnEC4zak” width=”1000″ height=”800″ responsive=”no”]

When asked what advice she would give for people who have a passion for photography and film, Mirella responded, “Do it for yourself and do it because you have to.” [spacer height=”20px”]

Now Mirella lives in Brooklyn, New York where she works on films and photography and attends NYU.[spacer height=”20px”]

Her website: mirellacardoso.com [spacer height=”20px”]

Sources: Mirella Cardoso

• PC Alum Mirella Cardoso Featured in Charlie Puth Music Video, Film Career Launches

Alumni Spotlight

Lauren Pastrana: CBS 4 Co-Anchor and PC Alum

Alumni Spotlight

Evan Ari Kelman: New York City Filmmaker

Student Spotlight

Izzy Ercan: PC Alum and Musician

Alumni Spotlight

Avery Pack: Founder of Republic Bike

Alumni Spotlight

Kevin Boothe: Former PC Student, NFL Player, and Super Bowl Champion

Beyond PC

Waite On It: Recounting Ed Waite’s Collegiate Career

Alumni Spotlight

Katie Bodner, Hertz Foundation Fellowship Award Winner

Alumni Spotlight

PC Alum Tsianos’s Ice Water Fire Project

Sports

Alumni Spotlight: Ed Waite’s Return to the Sideline

News

Protests and Political Instability Continue in Venezuela