Oscars 2017: The Best Beauty Looks and How to Recreate Them

Alice Rau

[ot-caption title=”The Oscars bring out the best in beauty, as the awards show is highly regarded as one of the most important. (via Karen Hoyos/Vimeo)”]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]The 2017 Oscars not only brought many surprises, like the mixup for Best Picture between La La Land and Moonlight, it also brought many celebrities to the red carpet with gorgeous beauty looks that can be recreated by anyone with the right products.

Emma Stone’s official Oscars Portrait, showcasing her golden eye and brick-colored lip. (via @jefflipsky)

To enhance Emma Stone’s glowing skin, seen in this photograph by Jeff Lipsky, Emma Stone’s makeup artist, Rachel Goodwin, used a plethora of cult-favorite NARS beauty products, such as the Radiant Creamy Concealer and Velvet Matte Skin Tint.  Afterwards, Goodwin lined Stone’s lips with NARS Velvet Lip Liner in Karekare and topped it with NARS Audacious Lipstick in Mona.[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

A beauty shot of Janelle Monáe’s Oscars’ makeup look (via @janellemonáe, photo by @jr).

Other than Janelle Monáe’s flawless skin, the most amazing thing about her 2017 Oscars makeup is how affordable it is.  In fact, most of the products are from the drugstore brand Covergirl, of which Monáe is a brand ambassador.  For Monáe’s brows, makeup artist Jessica Smalls used Covergirl Easy Breezy Brow Fill + Shape + Define Brow Powder and Easy Breezy Brow Shape + Define Brow Mascara.  For her eyes, Smalls used TruNaked Eyeshadow Palette and So Lashy! LashPro Mascara.[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

Olivia Culpo’s daring violet eyeshadow pops against her tan skin tone and silver gown (via @sirjohnofficial).

Another affordable, yet stunning, beauty look: model Olivia Culpo’s lavender eyelids.  Makeup Artist Sir John used L’Oréal products, including the Colour Riche Pocket Palette in Violet Amour and Infallible Paints Eye Shadow in Shady Violet for her eyes.  Sir John kept Culpo’s lips understated by using Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Bare Attraction.[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

Lily Collins wears a bold, graphic liner and a dark, berry lip (via @lilyjcollins)

Lily Collins’ makeup style of old Hollywood glamor stunned spectators.  Makeup Artist Fiona Stiles used Lancôme makeup products, especially for the creation of her bold negative space eyeliner, for which she used Lancôme Grandiôse Bendable Liquid Liner in 01 Noir.  A Lancôme Sensational Effects Lipstick shade similar to Collins’ is Smouldering Mauve.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Sources: Instagram, Into the Gloss, The Loop, Refinery 29, Popsugar, Harper’s Bazaar

• Oscars 2017: The Best Beauty Looks and How to Recreate Them

Fashion

Relaxation Ready: All the Essentials for a Beachy Vacation

Fashion

Fashion Month Photos to Refresh Your Style

Fashion

A Guide to Navigating the Spirit Store

Fashion

What’s in Your Bag: Pine Crest Edition

Fashion

Designers Take Paris Haute Couture Week by Storm

Fashion

2017 Golden Globes’ Best and Worst Dressed

Fashion

This Season’s Hottest Trends Translated into Polished Party Outfits

Fashion

Vogue CFDA Awards: The Rising Stars of Fashion

Fashion

A Guide to Expressing Yourself With a Uniform

Fashion

Bold, Eccentric, and Fearless: The H&M x Kenzo Collection