Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Matthew Fine

[ot-caption title=”Jacob Singer is enjoying his final season as a PC athlete.” (via Liz Fine)”]

Current PC senior Jacob Singer will be attending Emory University in the fall, as he has committed to play baseball there. I decided to sit down with him and learn a little bit about his passion for the sport. [spacer height=”20px”]

T1: When did you start playing baseball?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I started playing baseball (teeball) when I was three years old.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: Was baseball always your favorite sport?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: Yes, I could never imagine myself not playing this sport.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: When did you realize you wanted to play college baseball?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I always knew that I would need baseball in my life for as long as possible and that I was capable of playing at the next level, but it wasn’t until my junior year of high school that I realized schools were demonstrating a real interest in me.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: What is your favorite hobby aside from playing baseball?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I really love fishing and I frequently travel to the Keys and the Everglades to catch some fish![spacer height=”20px”]

T1: Do you look forward to the transition from high school to collegiate athlete?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: Yes, I am excited to have the chance to compete in the Division 3 World Series and to form new bonds with new teammates. I take great pride in being a student athlete because I feel that a busy schedule keeps me focused and enables me to complete any task.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: How is the current baseball season looking?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I think anyone who has been following the team knows that there is something different about it this year. As a team, we are preaching unity and brotherhood above all else. There’s a sense of urgency and a buzz around the team that I haven’t felt in any of my other three years on varsity. It also doesn’t hurt that we have some great players. We are currently sitting at 7-1 and 4-0 in the district and we have a long way to go, but we remain focused on one game at a time.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: What is your favorite thing about baseball?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I love baseball because, mentally, it may be the hardest sport. Being able to accept failure seven out of ten times is without a doubt the greatest challenge. I love that this game has given me the ability to stay positive in the face of adversity.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: How often do you train?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: Baseball never really has an offseason. During the summer and the fall, I typically train three to four times a week. When the three month season rolls around in spring, I tend to focus more on recovery work and taking care of my body.[spacer height=”20px”]

T1: Do you have a message to any younger students that are thinking about playing college sports?[spacer height=”20px”]

Singer: I think younger students thinking about playing at the next level should understand that their time in high school goes by really quickly, and while it is important to focus on your future and work hard to achieve your goals, it is just as important to enjoy your time as a high school athlete. I say this because these past four years have been the most enjoyable years of my life so far.

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

To Mars and Back: When Will Humans Travel to Our Nearest Planetary Neighbor?

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Kong’s Semi-Triumphant Return to the Big Screen

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

PC Baseball Star Sam Wurth Takes Lehigh University

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Jumping Into New Worlds with Virtual Reality

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Why Are Batteries Still Awful?

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Arts & Entertainment

Films to Look Out For (February-March)

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Polaroid Making a Comeback Through ‘Pop’ Culture

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Will No One Own Cars in the Future?

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Blogs

Donald Trump is Against Net Neutrality and Why You Should Care

• Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit

Arts & Entertainment

Arrival – An Intelligent Sci-Fi Thriller

Jacob Singer: Emory Baseball Commit