Filed under FASHION, LIFESTYLE

Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

Seniors Drew Morris, Jenni Wolters, and Libby Baker dressed up as characters from the popular tv show

Seniors Drew Morris, Jenni Wolters, and Libby Baker dressed up as characters from the popular tv show "The Office."

Courtesy of Elizabeth Baker

Courtesy of Elizabeth Baker

Who doesn’t like to dress up in a costume every once in a while? Halloween is a popular celebration around the U.S., and the Pine Crest community is no exception.

Every year on October 31st, Pine Crest celebrates Halloween with a variety of traditions. Lower School students get dressed up in costumes and have Halloween parties. Middle School students wear orange and black to get in the Halloween spirit. In Upper School, seniors have the privilege of dressing up in costume for Halloween at school. This long-standing tradition is one that high schoolers anticipate while in their underclassmen years.

Type One talked to senior Megan Guido about her plans for Halloween this year. She “decided to be a beanie baby for Halloween this year because…it was a fun and easy costume to wear to school.” She and a group of friends are “wearing onesies and tags with the TY label.”

Popular Halloween costumes at Pine Crest in previous years include aliens, angels and devils, superheroes, skeletons, mermaids, lifeguards, Hawaiian tourists, and athletes.  This year, the Administration team dressed up as characters from the Wizard of Oz, while seniors dressed up in a variety of costumes; the most popular costumes this year were from TV shows and movies like Stranger Things, the Incredibles, Spongebob, and Gossip Girl.  

Even though underclassmen cannot wear costumes to school on Halloween, they can still get in the spirit outside of school. According to NBC News, costumes that one can expect to see this year include Fortnite costumes, Spider-Man costumes, pirate costumes, unicorn costumes, as well as others. Type One looks forward to seeing what creative costumes the senior class comes up each year on Halloween, and what spooky costumes students wear outside of school as well.

Courtesy of Arielle Ghiloni
From left to right: Seniors Alexa Strauch and Arielle Ghiloni dressed up as Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Woodsen from the popular TV series "Gossip Girl."

Sources: NBC News

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Coachella 2018: The Fashion Trends Taking Over This Year

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Tips for Buying a Prom Dress Without the Mess

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

The Grammys: The People Who Were Actually Winning

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

H&M x Erdem Collection: An Inside Look

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Dress to Impress: Halloween Edition

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Decades and Dressing Up: The Week in Homecoming Costumes

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

A Run-Through of the Runway

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Relaxation Ready: All the Essentials for a Beachy Vacation

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

Fashion Month Photos to Refresh Your Style

• Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest

FASHION

A Guide to Navigating the Spirit Store

Spooky Spirit at Pine Crest